Saturday, January 22, 2011

Gardening Gone Wild Picture This Photo Contest

I decided to have some fun and try something new so I'm entering the Gardening Gone Wild Picture This Photo Contest.  The contest is being judged by David Perry who does A Photographer's Garden Blog.  I found out about the contest from a blog I follow called Leaping Greenly.  I'm entering the first picture below.

My entry

I took a lot of pictures trying different things and that was fun.  The tough part was figuring out which picture to enter.  Below are the elements I used to create the photo above that's being entered and some of the other pictures I considered.

A small mason jar, a milkweed seed pod being saved for propagating in our yard in the spring, some gauzy tissue paper from a flower arrangement that hubby got me for Christmas and some clothespins to hold the tissue paper in place around the jar.
This larger mason jar seemed too big for my subject.  
The smaller jar wrapped in a lace curtain

Here I dipped the jar in snow, set it on our porch in the sun and took the picture.
I had some fun and learned a few things, hopefully I can figure out the link thing and enter the photo correctly.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice photo! I love the colors, the crispness of the milkweed seeds and silks, as well as the overall composition with the remaining pod slightly out of focus in the background. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful entry!! Clever idea on the tissue paper. It created a great background to add subtle color to the image. I think the possibilities are pretty much endless! Can't wait to try it this summer with some blooms -- not a lot of those going on right now in the middle of winter. Best wishes on your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn,
    This turned out great...I like the one you picked. It looks very interesting with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!!! I really like your entry and the macro of the seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo in the gallery page caught my eye. Very beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning entry!!!! WOW! Best of luck in the contest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely one of the top contenders. I light your colored light effects. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete